Spring 2020 Intern - Original Series & Program Development
United States - New York - New York
Sep. 23, 2019
Opportunity OverviewOriginal Series and Talent Development
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- The Program Development department is responsible for finding new on camera talent and developing and producing innovative content for all CNN Networks across all platforms. Specifically, this internship enables candidates to work closely with the CNN Original Series and Talent Development teams on a myriad of fronts. From recruiting and developing new correspondents and anchors to developing new CNN Original Series programming, this group touches every aspect of new on-camera programming across CNN.
- CNN Original Series and Talent Development interns will be responsible for supporting executives and producers throughout the development process, production of pilots and talent searches
- Interns will learn to use CNN's databases to access video, conduct research and communicate with other departments within the company
- Responsibilities include dubbing, transcribing, logging, researching, searching for video and sound, preparing reports and assisting with production and administrative tasks
- Writing coverage of incoming pitches and giving thoughts with an understanding of the CNN Original Series brand
- New ideas are encouraged in this "think tank" atmosphere
- Interns in this department should have a passion for television news and be read into cable and broadcast news as well as digital outlets
- Essential skills include superior research abilities and fastidious organization
- Awareness of the television news climate is vital while interning in this group.
- Candidates should be passionate about news, and non-fiction programming, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.