Associate Producer - Cuomo Prime Time, CNN
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 09, 2019
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
The Associate Producer for Cuomo Prime Time works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Associate Producer cuts soundbites and VOs, produces in-house packages, orders and creates graphics and cuts down pretaped interviews. He/she is responsible for calling elements in the control room. The AP is also responsible for pitching both package and guest ideas for the program, and helping producers with research for guest segments. He/she must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Associate Producer must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines. The AP will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases. Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred
- Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful
- Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful
- Non-linear video editing experience also important
- Must demonstrate strong research skills
- Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news
- Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives. - Experience in control room is a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands