Vice President / Director Brand Marketing, Nordic
Creative, International, Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
Sweden - Stockholm
Dec. 02, 2019
We are looking for a Vice President/Director Brand Marketing to oversee all HBO brand marketing activities in the Nordic region. HBO has established itself as a leading OTT (Over-The-Top / subscription video on demand) player across the Nordics. We seek a talented marketing leader to take the next steps in our continued evolution as a successful, growing OTT service. In this role you will be based in Stockholm, reporting to the Vice President Brand Marketing for Europe.
- Brand Marketing
- Own and direct the execution of HBO Europe’s strategic brand position, creative strategies (in partnership with advertising agencies) and media agency strategies across all HBO Nordic markets
- Own all trade marketing for the region, supporting our affiliate partners with campaigns to achieve business goals
- Oversee a marketing budget together with the D2C sales team of c. $20m across all Nordic markets and work in partnership with Finance Controllers to develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, coupled with ongoing cost analysis and expenditure recommendation
- Partner with peers in CRM, PR, creative services, distribution and other functions to enable the achievement of HBO Europe objectives
- Lead a small team of four marketing experts
- Act as a positive role model for HBO Europe values and promote the Mission, Vision and Strategy for the Company
- Encourage teamwork and collaboration
- Liaise with HBO management team and funnel information, both up and down
- Working experience in marketing management from international b2c brand, online and subscription business preferred, with experience/skills in developing best in class creative concepts and campaigns
- Demonstrable gravitas, strong personal impact and charisma with exceptional communication skills
- A proven track record from developing and running successful third party collaborations and partnerships
- The ability to build networks across functions and seniority levels
- Experience developing and working with budgets and forecasts, business oriented in mindset with high analytical skills
- A collaborative and collegiate in approach, commitment to the team and non-hierarchical mind-set is important
- Fluency in written and spoken Swedish and English
About UsWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Europe offers programming to subscribers through three services covering seventeen countries: In Scandinavia HBO Nordic has established itself as The Home of Series, offering a premium Subscription Video on Demand Service directly to consumers and through operator partners in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. In Spain HBO España is available to subscribers as an SVOD service and through its exclusive partnership with Vodafone Spain, allowing Vodafone customers in Spain to access the streaming service via Vodafone TV or on their computers, smart phones and tablets. In Central Europe HBO is available to subscribers as an SVOD service and through linear television in Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Bosnia & Herzegovina.