United States - California - Burbank
Sep. 09, 2019
Company OverviewDC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
DC Comics seeks an Associate Editor for the Editorial- DC Comics department. Position assists Group Editor and Editor in creation, development and maintenance of DC Comics.
- Assists Group Editor and Editor with creation and development of DC new print and/or digital comic’s lines.
- Edits minimum two books, under Editor or Group Editor supervision.
- Copy edits and proofreads books to ensure accuracy.
- Assists Editors in maintaining story continuity.
- Identifies and recommends potential talent and maintains relationships with current talent.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years related experience as assistant editor or above.
- Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
- Copy editing and proofreading skills preferred.
- Knowledge of core Comic Book mythologies and terminology.
- Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office/outlook or MAC equivalent.
- Proficiency in Abobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop.
- Travel: Domestic travel – occasional.