Assistant Editor, Young Reader
United States - California - Burbank
Aug. 30, 2019
Company OverviewDC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Assistant Editor, Young Reader for the Editorial- DC Comics department. Position supports Editor and Associate Editor in producing a line of kids and young adult editorial products within the DC Universe imprint.
- Assists Sr. Editor and Group Editor in the production of Kids and Young Adult titles.
- Facilitates communication and scheduling for the editorial process from concept to bound book.
- Ensures that tipsheets, cover copy, catalog copy and other relevant materials are created and distributed on time.
- Works with Marketing and PR to obtain blurbs and quotes; sends out review material and maintains database of awards and other related content.
- Assists in administrative duties: vouchers, trafficking of art, copies, mailing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Publishing or Art preferred.
- 2+ years professional employment experience.
- YA/Kids’ book experience strongly preferred;
- Entertainment or publishing experience preferred.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines required.
- Copyediting and proofreading skills (CMOS) required.
- Knowledge of art (ability to discuss composition, design, etc.) preferred..
- Mac/PC proficiency required.