Retail Sales Associate
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Customer Service/Member Services, Other, Retail/Store Operations/Tour Operations, Sales
United Kingdom - Leavesden
Nov. 26, 2019
Fantastic opportunity to join Warner Bros. Studio Tour The Making of Harry Potter as our new Retail Sales Associate. Do you have experience in a retail, customer service or visitor focused environment? Apply today!
Primary Purpose of the Job
To provide each visitor to the tour with an optimum level of customer service, and to ensure the retail store meets sales targets. Maintain visual standards and support effective stock management.
- Ensure our sales targets are achieved by fully maximising all sales opportunities.
- Interact with customers and ensure their needs are identified and met with the use of skilled questioning and listening techniques.
- Keep up-to-date on product knowledge and be able to confidently discuss the features and benefits of our merchandise with customers.
- Participate in daily briefings with the team and be aware of all activity within the department and the business.
- Adhere to all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all visitors and staff.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks at the request of the Retail Management Team.
- Perform housekeeping duties on a daily basis ensuring strict standards are maintained and ensure that stock is replenished and visually merchandised in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure the store is visually merchandised to the highest standard with all scheme, graphics and equipment being used correctly and in accordance with guidelines and agreed standards.
- Avoid stock loss by remaining vigilant on the shop floor and establishing contact with all customers.
- Ensure all requested administration procedures are performed including till reconciliation and cash control.
- Support and assist on all stock counts.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of having worked in a retail or sales environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
- Experience of handling cash would be advantageous.
- Selling skills - proactively seeks out opportunities to increase sales.
- Highest levels of customer service.
- Effective, confident communication with visitors and colleagues.
- Works as part of a team with a flexible approach.
- Responsibility for handling cash.
- PC skills.
- Educated to (or working towards) a minimum of ‘A’ level standard or equivalent vocational qualification
- We have a range of roles available, working up to 40 hours a week across a variety of shifts.
- Because of the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
- Roles within the retail team will include working on our tills, interacting with customers and replenishing our shelves. All Sales Associates will need to work across all these functions at different times.
- Participate in cover of the Studios Tour as necessary including weekend, bank holiday, school holiday and late evening cover in rotation with other team members.
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has a half a million square feet of stage space, a back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot. It also owns Set-Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 12 million visitors since opening in 2012 and has received over 40,000 reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’. Since launching, additions to the Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank.
In December 2018 WBSL acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Wizarding World merchandise, souvenirs, and collectibles. It includes shops at Kings Cross Station, Heathrow Terminal 5, and Gatwick’s North Terminal, as well as opening stores at The Cursed Child theatre productions in London, New York and Melbourne.
WBSL are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.