Senior UX Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing
United States - California - Carlsbad
Feb. 04, 2020
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games San Diego, a division of WB Games, Inc., is looking for a talented Senior User Experience Designer to work on top grossing games. As a UX Artist, you will work closely with other disciplines to create a visually compelling user experience for mobile games.
In this role you will use your expertise in UX development to create unique, high quality experiences on multiple platforms. The role requires prior experience in mobile or console and you will need to be able to quickly iterate and develop flows, screens, icons, and information hierarchy. Top design skills, collaboration and communication are key as you will work across multiple groups to translate requirements into compelling and top-notch designs.
What part will you play?
- Guide user experience design for best in class, free-to-play mobile games.
- Create user flows, wireframes, mocks, and final art for systems and features.
- Review analytics and user feedback to optimize the user experience.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
- Develop and maintain a product design language with clear and consistent aesthetics across all aspects of the UI.
- Prototype new game features to be used for both internal and external user testing.
- Integrate artwork and correct layouts within the game engine to ensure our game is highly polished.
- Research and employ new interaction design trends and emerging technology in mobile gaming.
- Must have portfolio link on resume.
- BA / BS Degree in Design (e.g. Interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, human factors) with demonstrable experience in the field of user experience and user interface design.
- At least three mobile apps from pre-production to ship, as an on-site member of a development team, with at least one mobile or console free-to-play game.
- 5+ years mobile UX/UI design experience preferred.
- 5+ years game development experience preferred.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines/stake-holders, including Product Management.
- Good understanding of free-to-play game UX.
- Strong visual sensibility.
- Ability to iterate rapidly on concepts & wireframes.
- Knowledge of traditional design methods and theories.
- Knowledge of creating optimal user experiences from a game design perspective.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and visual prototyping tools.
- Good time-management and organization skills.
- Passion for games and game development.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.