Senior Software Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game Development/Publishing, Technology/Information Technology
United States - California - Carlsbad
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewThe new WB Games San Diego studio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to add to its development family!
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high quality game features for AAA games. They must demonstrate high competency for gameplay and feature development and true passion for game development.
What part will you play?
- Participate in all parts of the development process from concept through live ops.
- Works closely with engineering leadership to plan and write high quality performant code.
- Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence.
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship of associate and staff engineers.
- Assess new market trends,features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive.
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale.
What do we require from you?
- Experience on at least two successfully-published mobile titles or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding and passion for the product lifecycle from concept through live operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Expert understanding of one or more general purpose programming languages (C, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.).
- Knowledge of the iOS & android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of console and PC development best practices.
- Advanced Experience with the Unity or Unreal Game Engines.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced live operations development environment.
- A deep love of video games.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.