Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Project/Program Management, Technology/Information Technology
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Feb. 04, 2020
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
WB Games Enterprise Engineering & Technology Solutions team seeks a Project Manager to join the Operations & Applications team. We are looking for a talented and hard-working individual who is self-motivated, process-driven and who has expertise in coordination of both software development and infrastructure operations from planning through execution and maintenance.
The Project Manager’s primary role is to work closely with management and their teams to coordinate and report on assigned projects in a fast-paced, multi-project, multi-location environment. This individual will possess strong Project Management, communication, and people skills, enjoy the challenge of coordinating and reporting on technology development and sustainment.
- Coordinate the day to day operations and development activities, inclusive of scrum master role, scrum process and triage. Create schedules to be tracked and ensure a strong sense of ownership and accountability for each team member’s contributions.
- Set, manage, monitors and report on milestones for team members. Set expectations and hold teams accountable for quality and timeliness of their contributions.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on team progress to multiple levels of management, share knowledge and experience to aid and improve integration process.
- Manage and track central legal, procurement, and operational security work queues.
- Assist in managing and tracking all IT related projects in JIRA.
- Continuously assess risk and resolve conflicts between budget, schedule and goals.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in project management and/or technical discipline required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in coordinating software development, operations, or infrastructure activities.
- Experience with JIRA or other Software Development-focused time-tracking tools.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal. Must be able to manage communications effectively across multiple teams and departments.
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Ability to quickly grasp the high-level scope of our technology products and projects.
- Ability to plan and deploy large and global multifaceted programs/Initiatives.
- Assist in the requisition and invoice process for all project related items.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Highly Desirable:
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP, PMI-ACP, or another certificate).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.