Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Jul. 18, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewAvalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Opportunity OverviewAvalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Character Artist who will help the character team on our our current AAA game. Our pipeline includes using software such as Zbrush, Maya, 3D Coat, Substance Painter/ Designer / Mari and Marvelous Designer through to Unreal 4.
This person will work closely with the Lead Character Artist to create and maintain the highest quality assets for the game and ensure that the aesthetic goals are met.
What part will you play?
- 3D Generalist: Generate high resolution models, low resolution models, textures and Physically Based materials for Unreal Engine.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist is maintained by themselves and their team.
- Prove to understand Technical and Artistic 3d pipelines.
- Integration of models into Unreal.
- Understands textures/ regions/ masks / how to make tile-able textures.
- Continue research and development into best practices and industry innovation.
- Share acquired knowledge with the character team.
- Understand and execute excellent topology.
What do we require from you?
- Excellent fundamental art skills such as lighting, composition, scale, and color, as well as critique skills or equivalent experience.
- Character Creation experience on projects such as games and/or feature films.
- Emphasis in human anatomy, character, and creature design/modeling/animation.
- Must be an expert in Maya, Zbrush, Adobe Software, Substance Painter or Designer. Understanding the U4 pipeline creating characters is very helpful.
- Basic understanding of game asset development processes, limitations and dependencies.
- Visual and technical understanding in sculpting, 3D modeling & surfacing (both high- & low-resolution game assets). Can provide examples of high resolution modelling, both organic and hard surface.
- Human and animal anatomy knowledge. Hair/fur design a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of Physically Based texturing and normal map use.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills.
- Task driven, self-motivated, reliable and proactive and ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of 3d Coat, Marvelous Designer and Mari is a plus.