Senior Concept Artist, Character
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Feb. 04, 2020
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Concept Artist, Character to create a wide range of conceptual content related to Characters (mood shots, lighting intentions, line art, paint overs, etc.) to inspire and communicate the visual direction of an upcoming AAA console title.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art Director, Characters and lighters to help define and uphold the aesthetic vision of the game and maintain the highest level of consistency and quality.
- Understand the project's creative vision
- Craft visually inspiring, high fidelity concepts that set the quality bar for the team
- Collaboration/communication with the production team
- Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 1/2 years of experience video game development
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- AEC or BAC in a related field
- An excellent artistic sense
- Photoshop expert
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within a broad variety of styles and genres
- Strong background in traditional art skills
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary culture
- Some familiarity with 3D art and combining 2D and 3D techniques (e.g. Sketch Up) a plus
- A architectural awareness including the balancing of proportions, shapes, and materials
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and proportions is a plus
- Experience working within game development
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work iteratively
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
- A proven record of meeting deadlines
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals
- Knowledge of and passion for video games
Workplace: 888 de Maisonneuve Est, Montréal
Language: English and/or French. Basic understanding of French
Salary : 65/80K
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.