Senior Gameplay Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing
United Kingdom - Manchester
Feb. 04, 2020
Opportunity OverviewTT Games Studios Limited, a division of WB Games Inc. are seeking to recruit a Senior Gameplay Designer on an initial 18 month fixed term contract based in Knutsford, with a view to becoming a permanent position.
Working with the Creative Director, your role will be to take overall ownership of the core moment to moment gameplay systems in an exciting new action combat game. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Designer to join a project early to set the direction of the experience, or for a Gameplay Designer looking for the next step in his or her career.
- Shipped two or more titles, with at least one of them in the Shooter/Action Adventure genre would be desirable.
- Experience of creating combat and shooting mechanics from the ground up, ideally in Unreal 4.
- Track record of designing, implementing and balancing so the following systems:
- Character movement and traversal
- Weapons and equipment systems
- Melee combat
- Health model
- Loot systems
- Player camera
- In game HUD and player information systems
- Multiplayer game modes
- Self-starting, able to take ownership of key game systems from initial concept through to completion.
- Creative thinker, able to come up with ideas that solve problems in simple and elegant ways that put the player first.
- Ability to produce game systems that take advantage of a project’s unique features and game pillars.
- Used to working with the production team to break design specifications into actionable tasks.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Comfortable reviewing and giving feedback on gameplay systems.
- Details-orientated, quality-focused and player-centric.
- Experience of Agile development.
- Enjoys managing and mentoring junior staff members.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.