Advanced Technical Artist, Presentation
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Animation, Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Washington - Kirkland
Jun. 24, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewFor the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
The Advanced Technical Artist, Presentation creates and polishes real-time camerawork and gameplay animations for interactive/procedural cinematics and camera systems. Candidate will have a passion creating outstanding work product and an ability to move quickly and collaborate within a strike team environment. In addition to creating cameras and animations, the employee will be responsible for the implementation and trouble-shooting of the systems and content they create. They will be using standard and proprietary tools and will be expected to ultimately learn to take things from the approved design/previs all the way into a polished state in the game engine.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 3-5 years working in the industry in roles that range in camera animation, character animation, design and technical art areas.
- Experience with creating cinematics/cutscenes is a plus, but not a requirement
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 year’s experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Mentality for creative problem solving.
- Aptitude and passion for visual storytelling and emotional connection to game characters.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technology and complex pipelines.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to work in the game engine and tools, playing the game frequently and producing results.
- Must be able to embrace the established art and design vision of the game and ensure it is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Excellent ability to self-manage to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Able to work well within a team: willingness to give and receive feedback, and the ability to embrace change; ability to collaborate productively with others.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Excellent ability to self manage and accurately predict and adhere to task length estimates and deadlines.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally