Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Design, Game Development/Publishing
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Feb. 04, 2020
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games Boston is looking for an experienced and ambitious Creative Director to join the studio. This role will report to the Studio Head and will be an integral part of shaping the next generation of mobile games.
The Creative Director will act as a guiding force and will provide creative vision for games while ensuring that they align with core design philosophies and are representative of best-in-class concept, quality, and innovation.
What part will you play?
- Collaborate with studio leadership to define strategy and long-term planning.
- Lead design, art, and UI/UX brainstorm sessions.
- Define and deliver on a creative vision that fits the needs of the business.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments to originate new concepts and proposals for game design, art, and UI/UX.
- Lead across product verticals, drive strategic design initiatives and evangelize game ideas to the studio.
- Concept and pitch high level game ideas to studio leadership and corporate executives.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in a Creative Director or Art/Design Director role.
- At least 3 years’ experience with F2P and mobile games required, preferably strategy-based games.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and data-driven design and development.
- Deep understanding of production cycles and making tradeoffs to maintain schedules and deadlines.
- Adept at anticipating and mitigating future technical challenges from new game designs, assets, etc.
- Ability to evangelize app standards and requirements through cross-functional and corporate presentations.
- Leads by example, can provide a focused and creative style of leadership.
- Comfortable managing both small and large teams.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Sensitivity to mass-market audience appeal, and the ability to innovate within it.
- Passion for playing and making games and an excellent understanding of what makes them successful.
- Solid understanding of popular mobile games and the design mechanics that work well within them.
- Game industry experience in another discipline (programming, art, production, audio, etc).
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.