Sr. Developer, HR Solutions
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Sep. 09, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Developer, HR Solutions for the Enterprise Technology-HR/Shared Services/CAO department. The Senior Developer Position is responsible for critical application support and development for the Enterprise Technology, HR Solutions team and their business clients.
- Designs, develops, supports, and manages application code, configuration, tables, forms, user interfaces, workflows, KB’s, and third-party integration components for the ServiceNow HR platform.
- Develops, supports, and manages application code, user interfaces, and third-party integration components for Bottom-Line, AWS applications, and other custom integrations including the AWS API People Data services and Angular based HR Archive tool.
- Partners with Clients and Technology teams to define and capture business requirements, technical requirements, determines scope, and estimates the effort in the development of Technology requirements. Leads application development related activities while ensuring that appropriate governance exists for all delivery of technology solutions.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Graduate degree or professional certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of SNOW development and configuration preferably within the HR Scoped application, with a SNOW partner.
- 3 years of technology experience supporting a complex application with integration points across other systems.
- Experience with complex integrations preferably between HR, Payroll, Time and Attendance and Financial systems (SAP).
- Proven experience with programming in a common development language such as Java, Python, Golang, C, C++, and API programming strongly preferred.
- Experience with Relational Database development desired.
- Experience with AWS desired.
- Experience with test-driven development, CI/CD, Agile practices and tools desired.
- Understanding of the technical components required to support business processes, including.
- effort estimates and resource management experience.
- Experience planning and implementing enhancements, operating and maintaining technology systems supporting existing business processes and live productive applications.
- ServiceNow Experience with Certifications.
- Programming in a common development language such as Java, Python, Golan, C, C++, and API programming strongly preferred.
- SQL, NoSQL, and Relational Database development.
- Integration frameworks (e.g., middleware, transformation logic).
- Issues documentation and analysis for payroll and related financial activities used to identify systemic issues or problems with integrations.
- Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client’s business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives.
- System design and testing concepts.
- Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover).
- Knowledge of HCM processes preferably including studio pay calculations, time reporting, and workflow best practices. Other complex rule-based business domains will be considered (unions, claims, financials, etc.)
- Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, including production support.
- Strong customer service focus and responsiveness.
- Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills.
- Strong organizational skills across multiple threads of workstreams.
- Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
But Wait, There’s More!
At WBT we look for members who want to:
Be Curious: Seek out opportunities to learn, and who aren’t afraid to ask questions
Own It: Be the driver, and take accountability
Embrace Change: The technology landscape is ever changing – we’re looking for people who are ready to change along with it.
Be Courageous: We aren’t afraid to speak up, have honest conversations, and do what’s right.
Respect: Show empathy and respect to all, and operate with the best intentions
Live the #WBLife: At WBT we look for team members who want to “Contribute to Our Community"