Director of Art
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Design, Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Feb. 04, 2020
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games Boston is seeking a Director of Art to produce industry-leading visuals for our Game of Thrones Mobile game. Partnering with HBO and a team of world-class developers, the Director of Art is an integral part of shaping the next generation of mobile strategy gaming for the studio.
We are looking for a candidate that will be a mentor and advocate for the team, act as a visionary for the artistic direction of the game, and lead asset production from collaborative conceptualization through final product.
What part will you play?
- Conceptualize and communicate visual direction to raise the bar in mobile strategy gaming.
- Create, maintain and manage the visual systems, brand identity, production quality and style guide for our mobile game.
- Directly manage and mentor a robust art team, with dedicated animators, visual effects artists, technical artists, and numerous 3D and 2D artists.
- Collaborate on process and product with designers, producers, engineers and QA in addition to the artists.
- Ensure production quality through art asset review, directing, and oversight of the production process.
What do we require from you?
- 2+ years of professional art direction experience on a mobile game.
- 6+ years of experience in the development and operation of AAA titles, preferably in the Mobile space.
- Experience with Unity or similar mobile development platform is required.
- Experience with a variety of game art disciplines.
- Respect and understanding of User Experience and User Interface design.
- Proven leadership abilities and teamwork skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate visually.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio that demonstrates skills and experience.
- Examples of past style guide documentation is a plus.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.