Digital News Operations Trainer
United States - New York - New York
Oct. 09, 2019
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Tech Training delivers live, distance and on-demand learning on technology and technical workflows for employees worldwide. Our focus is capability development: to build and deliver agile, engaging content and experiences, creating responsive solutions that equip CNN'ers with the operational skills essential to our storytelling.
The Digital Trainer equips CNN storytellers worldwide to Go There. We are seeking a trainer focused on our Digital newsgathering and operations clients. The position will design, build and deliver training internally. This position is also responsible for providing training and support to CNN's newsgathering and technical operations.
The Digital Trainer will embed within CNN Digital to develop, build and deliver training on tools used to create and publish Digital content, plus other relevant training.
S/he will deliver engaging in-person, instructor-led trainings in a classroom setting, as well as more informal one-on-one trainings virtually, in the classroom or in the field.
The Digital Trainer will develop dynamic, timely content and training videos for internal use, keep our content up to date and create digital content that can live evergreen where and when appropriate.
S/he will participate in research and development, user testing and troubleshooting of various CNN systems.
The Digital Trainer should think outside of the box about learning and learning tools.
S/he will learn and teach multiple applications at one time.
The Trainer will manage multiple assignments simultaneously within specific deadlines, both under direction and autonomously.
S/he will take ownership over projects from inception to dissemination and is detail oriented with the ability to scale and move quickly to drive results/action.
The Digital Trainer will keep curriculum and content fresh and relevant for CNN.
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate experience within a career in journalism
- Prior experience in an application/technology/digital environment
- Experience with Online Tutorial authoring tools and/or video content creation
- Experience in workflow documentation
- Technical aptitude with software platforms and web technologies
- Familiarity with CMS (content management systems), Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Analytics, and/or quantifiable fluency in multiple new or emerging systems
- Rock star level presentation skills
- Basic understanding of news
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in a broadcast and/or news environment a plus
- Web development experience; HTML, CSS preferred
- Prior teaching or training experience desired
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
- Previous experience authoring curriculum
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands