Advanced Software Engineer, Graphics
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game Development/Publishing, Programming
United States - Washington - Kirkland
Nov. 19, 2019
Company OverviewWarner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewFor the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
The Core Technology Team at Monolith Productions, a division of WB games Inc., is expanding its Graphics group to include an Advanced level engineer specifically focused on the technical challenges associated with Lighting. This person should have an in depth understanding of modern, real-time Open World Lighting systems. As an Advanced Graphics Engineer you will work closely with the Technical Directors and the rest of your peers in the Graphics, Tech Art and Lighting groups to develop state-of-the-art graphics technology for the PS4, XBOXONE, PC and any new platforms we adopt.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both Graphics specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Graphics department's Technical Director on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with our senior technical artists, lighting artists and other content development experts on requirements gathering, iteration during feature development and subsequent support of systems in your domain.
The Advanced Engineer - Graphics will also work closely with his manager and production to help identify all dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
- Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
- Review the work of other engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills.
What do we require from you?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience architecting large, robust systems utilizing pragmatic solutions.
- Expert level knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Experiencing mentoring other engineers.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- A deep understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines.
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games.